We’re glad you asked!
Here’s some reasons why a Lapstacker® is so much better than a bungee:
1. A bungee is not neatly by your side all the time ready when needed.
2. A bungee creates point loads which can cause damage to fragile items such as paper.
3. A bungee will create uneven tension depending on the height of object.
4. The Lapstacker® has 2m of webbing and can lock in any position.
5. A bungee has a nasty hook that can release and cause damage.
6. A bungee needs to be stowed somewhere.
7. A bungee takes a lot longer to hook on and off than the Lapstacker®.
8. A bungee looks like a bungee – do you want to use it when you’re at a nice dinner or at work?
9. A bungee will wear out quickly as elasticity breaks down.
10. Hooking a bungee for a quadriplegic could be difficult whereas the Lapstacker® has finger loops and a magnetic latch for each of use by someone with limited hand function.
12. The round nature of a bungee means there is less surface area to grip the items and it is prone to slipping.
We invented the Lapstacker® because a bungee is far from ideal.
For a bungee vs Lapstacker® comparison visit https://youtu.be/yASK5EpbmKw